Happy Bobcat Gaming Week! After another great summer at Bozeman, we are excited to begin the fall semester and athletic season. Earlier this month we welcomed students back to campus and the energy since has been palpable. We met with over 350 of our student-athletes for our annual “welcome barbecue” and I continue to be inspired by the caliber of people who choose the state of Montana to further their education and playing careers.
I also continue to be inspired by the people who support our athletic department and our student-athletes. Last year we raised over $2.6 million for our annual Bobcat Club scholarship fund through special events, license plates, subscription seat contributions, donations charities, and more. This is nearly $1 million more than we raised in 2020 and $1.2 million more than in 2019. We are within reach of the $3 million goal announced in our “Three to win” campaign. Raising $3 million annually will allow us to cover all scholarship expenses and continue to recruit top student-athletes and provide them with the resources they need to succeed at Montana State.
Our annual Blue & Gold Gala is a key event in our fundraising goals. Please save the date of Friday October 21 and join us for a great evening for a good cause. Tickets go on sale September 1 and can be purchased here.
Saturday’s Gold Rush game against McNeese is nearly sold out, however, there are still standing room only tickets available, which can be purchased here. Our student body continues to amaze as we sold 4,100 student tickets in 25 minutes on Monday! Bobcat Stadium’s energy will be electric.
In anticipation of Saturday’s Gold Rush game, I’d like to remind you of a few points to make your trip to Bobcat Stadium as pleasant as possible:
- Please download your mobile tickets and parking passes before heading in, we don’t want you to have to rely on spotty cell service around the stadium to get your tickets charged and ready.
- Remember Bobcat Stadium has a clear bag policy which you can review here.
- If you are a tailgate pass holder, watch your email for tailgating policies for the year. Please note that Saturday is the first day you will be able to access your tailgate space – it is important to remember that parking around the stadium is available for MSU students during the week.
- Be sure to enter the stadium as soon as possible! With the expected crowds, the queues will be long if you wait. We don’t want you to miss things like the Spirit of the West pregame show featuring our MSU Rodeo team, our Bobcat Athletics Hall of Fame class honor, and more. It’s also not too late to get your official Gold Rush shirt, available at both the MSU Bookstore and Universal Athletic.
- It’s never too early to start thinking about Bobcat Basketball. The men’s and women’s teams come out of the Big Sky conference championships and go to their respective NCAA tournaments. Get your tickets today for an exciting winter at The Brick Breeden Fieldhouse.
- Don’t forget that Bobcat Volleyball will be playing the rivalry match in the Brawl of the Wild series at Brick Breeden Fieldhouse this year. Get your tickets today and help us break the Big Sky Conference Volleyball attendance record.
- Bobcat Cross Country will host the MSU Cross Country Classic on Saturday, September 17 at Bridger Creek Golf Course. Join us in cheering on the men’s and women’s cross country teams.
- Last year was a memorable year and I am excited about the opportunities ahead for our Bobcat programs this year. I cannot thank you enough for your continued support of our student-athletes, coaches and staff. It really takes a TEAM effort, and I’m so proud of our entire TEAM. I look forward to seeing you on campus at one of our home events.
It’s a great day to be a Bobcat!
director of athletics