NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 15, 2022–
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) today announced the evolution of #AerieREAL focused on sharing positive messages across feeds to help create a safe and enjoyable place to consume content, turning off the negative impact of social media. Building on the brand’s values of power, positivity and non-retouching, Aerie amplifies its mission and expands its community by tapping into new influential voices also rooted in positivity: Alisha Boe, Carlacia GrantErika Priscille and Elysee Myerslong-term brand partners, Aly Raisman, Hannah Schlenker and Kelsea BalleriniAerie Changemakers and Brand Ambassadors.
This press release is multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220314005769/en/
Aerie Spring 22 (Photo: AEO, Inc.)
Aerie creates products that make you feel good, and this spring will continue its commitment to self-acceptance and well-being through a series of public service announcements (P ositive S crolling Always), a dedicated TikTok Hashtag Challenge and the premiere of The Happy Spot—a spring break event held tomorrow in Miami featuring a special performance by Kelsea Ballerini of her exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real.
“The #AerieREAL movement has revolutionized the industry, bringing inclusivity to the fore and empowering young women to REALLY love themselves inside and out. As we build on the strength of Aerie, we are committed to helping our community find happiness and prioritizing positivity,” said Jennifer Foyle, President – Executive Creative Director, AE & Aerie. “We know social media can have a negative impact, which is why we’re creating a safe and happy space that fosters healthy conversations and cultivates positive social scrolling for our Aerie community.”
Aerie was one of the first in the industry to redefine beauty standards in 2014 by encouraging young women to love their bodies and showcasing REAL people in unretouched photos. This spring, the brand will tackle the next benchmark of its #AerieREAL movement, calling on its partners, ambassadors, influencers and community to help it roll out a series of REAL initiatives:
- Spring kicks off with a series of evergreen #AerieREAL (Positive Scrolling Always) PSAs on Aerie’s social media channels with brand partners sharing authentic, positive and unfiltered advice on how to to control your time on social media, the importance of paying for it moving forward and focusing on your own mental health.
- As one of the first brands to launch a dedicated and successful TikTok hashtag challenge in 2020, Aerie will once again use the social media platform, using AR technology, to ask its community to find their happiness and to flood the feed with positivity and REAL by taking a moment to share an inspirational note with friends via the #AerieREAL challenge starting March 16. The challenge is on for the start of Kelsea’s exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real, which the singer-songwriter wrote to inspire the Aerie community to love and let their TRUE selves shine.
- The IRL connections will continue once again as the brand boosts positivity, happiness and commitment to the community with The Happy Spot – an all-day pool party taking place in Miami on March 16. This event offers the brand community a chance to reconnect and meet Aly, Kelsea, Hannah, Alisha and Carlacia. Kelsea will share a very special performance of their exclusive Aerie song, Keepin’ It Real. The event will also be shared on social media to celebrate the launch of #AerieREAL PSAs and the TikTok hashtag challenge. All ticket proceeds will go to the Miami-based non-profit organization, Style Saves.
Aerie’s commitment to delivering products that make people happy and good continues in the Spring 2022 collection with highlights including:
- An expanded REAL GOOD collection with an update to the #1 Sunnie Bra, now made with recycled fibers, plus 300 styles (70% of the swimwear collection) made with sustainable materials in long silhouettes, mix and match bikinis, one-piece bandeau and asymmetrical cutouts.
- The flares are taken up a notch with TikTok’s famous OFFL/NE Real Me Crossover Super Flare, the very comfortable OTT Rollover Flare, the buttery soft Groove-On Velor Flare and the comfortable Kick It Super Flare.
- As Aerie builds on the momentum of its viral best-selling Real Me Crossover Leggings, the brand offers athletic apparel focused on leggings and sports bras in iconic fabrications. It’s all in the nice details with the lightweight Real Me Xtra Crossover Ruffle leggings, Goals Scallop slick and smooth leggings, and all-new seamless OG groove and rib constructions in the bike shorts.
For more information on Aerie’s Spring 2022 initiatives, including details on participating in The Happy Spot, go to #AerieREAL Life.
Aerie is a lifestyle brand that offers the most comfortable underwear, clothing, swimwear and accessories designed to be worn indoors and outdoors. Aerie’s sub-brand, OFFLINE by Aerie, offers activewear designed for REAL life movement. #AerieREAL inspires all people to love themselves and celebrates its community by advocating power, positivity and no editing. Let the real shine on you®. To visit www.Aerie.com to learn more.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, fashionable apparel, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands. . Our goal is to show the world that there is REAL power in youthful optimism. The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie products are also available at more than 200 international locations operated by licensees in 25 countries. For more information, please visit www.aeo-inc.com.
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220314005769/en/
CONTACT: Matthew Owens
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOCIAL MEDIA OTHER RETAIL COMMUNICATIONS CATALOG SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FASHION RETAIL DEPARTMENT STORES
SOURCE: American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 03/15/2022 09:00 / DISK: 03/15/2022 09:02
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.