METTAWA, Ill., April 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Recognizing its strong and ongoing commitment to being a diverse and inclusive employer, Forbes named Brunswick Society (NYSE: BC) to its 2022 list of America’s Best Diversity Employers for the third consecutive year. Among the 500 honored companies, Brunswick ranked among the top 35% and among the top 10 in the Engineering and Manufacturing category.
“We are thrilled to once again receive this recognition from Forbes and are proud of the work we are doing to increase diversity and strengthen inclusion and belonging within the Brunswick business,” said Jill Wrobel, Director of Human Resources, Brunswick Corporation. “With our global workforce of more than 18,000 employees, we look forward to continuing to make significant progress in our diversity initiatives to define and shape the future of boating.”
In 2021, Brunswick launched the TIDE (Together: Inclusion, Diversity and Equity) program designed to sponsor DEI initiatives across the company, such as:
- Identify and implement several talent acquisition strategies, including forming new partnerships with the Society of Women Engineers and the National Society of Black Engineers to increase representation within the Brunswick workforce.
- Create employee resource groups in 2021 to build a culture of inclusion, including Women on Water (WoW), Brunswick Black Professionals Network (BBPN), Asians and Pacific Islanders in Marine (AIM), Brunswick Veterans Network (BVN) and Organization for Hispanic/Latinos for Leadership and Advancement (OLA).
- Forge key partnerships that identify opportunities to increase access to the maritime industry and to manufacturing or marine careers, including:
- Launched an employee-led boating inclusion task force focused on expanding access to our products and the water for boaters with disabilities.
- Join the Board of Together Outdoors (TO), a coalition of leaders from dozens of outdoor-focused organizations working to advance justice, diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in the industry outdoors.
- Support the Executive Leadership Council (ELC) scholarship program designed to increase educational opportunities for Black youth.
With a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion as a strategic business initiative that is a key driver of the company’s continued success, Brunswick has received numerous awards for its commitment to DEI over the past 12 recent months, including:
Forbes identified the Best Diversity Employers through an independent survey of 60,000 American employees working for companies employing more than 1,000 people in the United States. Employees who responded to the survey shared their views on a range of statements regarding age, gender equality, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and general diversity regarding their employer. Diversity among senior managers, evaluations of employees from other companies, positions responsible for diversity, and communication of the diverse corporate culture were also taken into consideration.
Based in Mettawa, Illinois, Brunswick Corporation’s leading consumer brands include Mercury Marine outboard motors; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard sets; Mercury Global Parts and Accessories, including SmartCraft propellers and electronics; Integrated power product solutions; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood, Mastervolt and Whale marine parts; Distribution of Land ‘N’ Sea, BLA, Payne’s Marine, Kellogg Marine and Lankhorst Taselaar marine parts; Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Heyday, Lowe, Lund, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Thunder Jet and Uttern boats; Network of nautical services, Freedom Boat Club and Boat Class. For more information, visit brunswick.com.