BOSTON — A California man has been indicted by a federal grand jury in Boston for allegedly surreptitiously filming an 11-year-old Massachusetts girl as she changed in her bedroom.
Jacob Guerrero, 23, of Woodland, Calif., has been charged with one count of sexual exploitation of a child. Guerrero was previously arrested and charged through a criminal complaint on April 14, 2022. He remains in federal custody.
“Mr. Guerrero allegedly targeted and tracked innocent young children in our communities – including an 11-year-old girl whom he allegedly preyed upon and exploited for the production of child pornography,” said U.S. Attorney Rachael S. Rollins “Child exploitation is one of the most heinous crimes and perpetrators will be aggressively prosecuted by this office. We will not hesitate to exhaust all resources necessary to identify and prosecute those who seek to sexualize and harm our most vulnerable population, our children.
“Jacob Guerrero is an accused child predator who went to great lengths to sexually exploit an innocent 11-year-old girl. The conduct we allege in this case is horrific, and it’s also a great example of how which a child can experience in their own home,” said Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Boston Division. “While we are grateful to have put an end to Mr. Guerrero’s behavior, The FBI will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to identify, investigate and arrest others like him who seek to commit crimes against children.”
On or about March 17, 2021, it is alleged that Guerrero recorded a video of an 11-year-old girl being undressed while changing in her bedroom at her home in Norfolk, Mass. Guerrero allegedly climbed to the top of a garage attached to the victim’s home and stood just outside the window of the victim’s second-story bedroom while she changed. During the two weeks prior to this recording, it is further alleged that Guerrero monitored the victim’s home and made notes on his phone regarding the time the victim and his siblings arrived at the house, showered and changed clothes every night. Guerrero reportedly recorded similar notes for children residing in several other Massachusetts homes.
According to the charging documents, this case arose following an investigation into allegations that Guerrero, while dressed in a wig and women’s clothing, attempted to surreptitiously record underage women. in the bathrooms and changing rooms of the Wrentham Outlets using pen cameras attached to his shoes.
Members of the public who have questions, concerns or information regarding this case should call 617-748-3274.
The child sexual exploitation charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of at least 15 years and up to 30 years in prison, at least five years and up to lifetime supervised release and a $250,000 fine. $. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based on US sentencing guidelines and the laws that govern sentencing in a criminal case.
US Attorney Rollins, FBI SAC Bonavolonta and Wrentham Police Chief William McGrath made the announcement today. Special assistance was provided by the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office. Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Grady, deputy head of Rollins’ major crimes unit, is prosecuting the case.
The case is being brought as part of the Safe Childhood Project. In 2006, the Department of Justice created the Safe Childhood Project, a national initiative designed to protect children from exploitation and abuse. Led by the U.S. Attorney’s Offices and the DOJ’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood brings together federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, as well as to identify and save the victims. For more information on the Safe Childhood Project, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov/.
The details contained in the charging documents are allegations. The defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a court.