Clemson (4-2) 🆚 North West (4-3)
Place : Littlejohn Coliseum • Clemson, South Carolina
Trick : Thursday December 2, 8 p.m.
Look : ACCN (Beth Mowins and Christy Thomaskutty)
Radio: Clemson Athletics Network (William Qualkinbush, Sarah-Jo Lawrence)
Statistics : Live statistics
Tickets : Free entry to regular season home games
Clemson: Listing | Calendar | Game Notes (PDF)
North West : Listing | Calendar | Game Notes (PDF)
- The Clemson Tigers will host the Northwestern Wildcats on campus on Thursday, December 2 at 8 p.m. as part of the B1G / ACC Challenge in a game that will be broadcast live on ACCN.
- Clemson enters the game 4-2 after an 83-59 home win over Mount St. Mary’s, a game where freshman Eno Inyang scored 20 points and added nine rebounds. The Tigers outscored The Mount 30-7 in the first quarter to set the stage for victory over Mount St. Mary’s. The 30 points was the most points Clemson scored in the first quarter since the NCAA switched to quarterback format for women’s basketball in 2015-16.
- Delicia Washington scored in double digits for Game 5 of the season with 17 points and NuNu Bradford went 6-for-7 off the floor to score 14 points in the win.
- Northwestern enters the game with a 4-3 record and a 68-77 loss to Texas A&M. The Wildcats were led by Veronica Burton, who is averaging 17.4 points per game and 5.7 assists per game and Courtney Shaw, who is averaging a double-double with 11.4 points per game and 10.1 shots per game.
- It will be the fourth all-time meeting between the Tigers and Northwestern with Clemson holding a 2-1 lead in the series. This will be the third meeting of the two teams in the B1G / ACC Challenge.
- Washington leads Clemson in points (15.5), rebounds (7.7) and assists (2.6) heading into Thursday’s game.
- Clemson scored 31 points in the second quarter against Columbia and that was the most of any quarter since switching to quarterback in 2015.
- Clemson has scored 220 points in the paint, 119 points on their opponents’ turnovers and 75 points from quick breaks at this point in the season.
CLEMSON AGAINST BIG TEN
- Clemson is 13-14 against teams from the Big Ten, including only one meeting against Maryland since joining the Big Ten on July 1, 2014.
- The game against Northwestern will be the second game this season against a Big Ten team, after facing Penn State on November 21. The Tigers won this game 67-64.
HISTORY OF THE B1G / ACC CHALLENGE
- This year will mark the 10th year that the Tigers have competed in the B1G / ACC challenge and hold a 4-5 record in the challenge.
- The Tigers did not participate in the challenge in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- The ACC has an absolute 9-1-3 advantage in the Challenge, leading three all-time titles in the last four years the event has taken place. In addition, the ACC holds a collective 94-70 against the Big Ten in the Challenge.
- Annual opponent and results
- 2007 – Michigan State L, 51-68
- 2008 – Northwest West, 78-75 (OT)
- 2009 – Northwest West, 69-68
- 2010 – Indiana L, 51-65
- 2011 – Illinois L, 50-61
- 2012 – Indiana L, 49-52
- 2017 – West Nebraska, 67-66
- 2018 – Illinois W, 69-67 (OT)
- 2019 – Iowa L, 60-74
ALLIANCE MENTAL HEALTH INITIATIVE
- The CCA, Big Ten and Pac-12 announced a joint initiative called “Teammates for Mental Health,” designed to raise awareness of the importance of mental health and wellness among their more than 27,000 student-athletes.
- This initiative builds on the work that the three conferences continue to dedicate to mental health, including the creation of dedicated working groups and cabinets of mental health professionals on the campuses of 41 world-class institutions that include ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12.
- The Alliance’s Teammates for Mental Health initiative includes a Public Service Announcement (PSA) featuring the women’s and men’s basketball head coaches and commissioners from all three conferences. The 30-second PSA will air on ESPN, ACC Network, Big Ten Network and Pac-12 Network, as well as on conference-owned digital and social media channels.
- Beth Mowins (play-by-play) and Christy Thomaskutty (analyst) will be on call for ACCN.
- All games included in the ESPN package (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACCN, ACCNX) will be available through ESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets through the ESPN app, and streamed to TVs through Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360, or Xbox One to fans who receive their video subscriptions from an affiliate provider.
- The contest can also be heard on radio stations and the audio stream of Clemson Athletic Network, with William Qualkinbush and Sarah-Jo Lawrence call action.
- Airtime for matches on the Clemson Athletics Network is 30 minutes prior to the report.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- The car parks will open two hours before departure.
- The seat bowls will be at 100% capacity.
- The transparent bags policy is in effect. Fans are reminded to keep phones and keys in their pockets as they walk through metal detectors.
- For the general public, face coverings are recommended but not required in all areas of Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Fans should pay attention to others and use appropriate encouragement etiquette. Shouts, hugs, and high-fives may not be welcome in physical interactions between strangers this season. Customers should be aware of their surroundings and the safety of others.