Photos from the 2022 Grand National, a woman’s clothing disaster and a man found dead in her bed


Hello, these are the latest lunchtime headlines from ECHO.

Grand National 2022 Thursday Aintree photos of glamorous first arrivals

The 2022 Grand National Festival welcomed thousands of spectators to Aintree Racecourse this morning.

The Grand National Festival opens today, April 7, for NHS Day, as staff who have worked throughout the coronavirus pandemic are celebrated for their efforts. The event will continue until April 9, when a horse will be crowned the winner of the legendary steeplechase.

This year’s event is the first to be held at full capacity since 2019. Eager visitors arrived this morning as the gates opened at 10am, ready for day one.

READ MORE: Live Grand National Thursday 2022 Updates – Aintree Race Map, Results, Weather & Best Dressed Photos

Many visitors have opted for coats and boots as the weather seems wet and cold.

Read the full story here.

CCTV shows Evri driver ‘throwing Grand National Ladies Day dress to dogs’

CCTV captured a delivery driver “frisbeeing” a package over the heads of two dogs, leaving their owner shocked.

Lucy Doggart ordered a dress from ASOS to wear on this year’s Ladies Day at Aintree Races on Friday April 8. However, the dress ended up “covered in slime” and its plastic wrap shredded across the yard after being dumped in her garden.

The 21-year-old checked her CCTV footage and watched courier Evri – formerly Hermès – frisbee the package to her back door, prompting curious puppies to chase after her.

Read the full story here.

Man found dead in bed three days after being released from hospital

A man has been found dead in his bed after an overdose of painkillers.

An inquest at Warrington Coroners Court heard how Conor Steven Shone was found by staff at Bridge Foyer, a supportive housing site in Chester on July 20 last year. The 20-year-old had fatal levels of tramadol in his system and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Conor had admitted himself to the Countess of Chester’s Hospital after an unintentional overdose of tramadol and vodka three days before his death. He was treated and sent home the same day, Live reports from Cheshire.


Comments are closed.