Universal UNIVRS – a new one-of-a-kind shopping destination is now open at Universal CityWalk Hollywood. This brick-and-mortar store brings NBCUniversal’s favorite brands to life in a one-stop shopping destination that leverages the drop culture shopping mentality of “get it before it’s gone.” Open in time for Halloween Horror Nights and seasonal parties at Universal Studios Hollywood, UNIVRS is open 7 days a week.
Leveraging fashion and entertainment designers through their style-focused offerings, UNIVRS merchandise combines designs from popular brands with current fashion silhouettes and on-trend styles, brought to life by favorite characters and iconic moments in the world. screen – such as Illumination’s MinionsUniversal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment jurassic park and AND the extra-terrestrialand classic characters like Felix the cat, Universal Monsters and more. Exclusive products will be available in limited quantities; from t-shirts and hoodies, to tracksuits and hats, to tote bags and skate boards, product prices will range from $30-$100 and in sizes XS-2XL, in men’s, women’s and men’s categories. unisex.
Developed by Universal Products & Experiences – a new division of Universal Parks and Resorts – the store aims to “unleash” new styles in limited quantities every few months, with products only available at the UNIVRS store, located in the Universal Studio Store adjacent to main theme park entrance.
“Universal UNIVRS celebrates casual and super fans who seek premium character-inspired products influenced by popular fashion trends seen around the world,” said Vince Klaseus, President of Universal Products & Experiences. “With new limited-edition collections released every few months – and only available at Universal CityWalk – shoppers will continue to be amazed by new styles and the store’s new approach to apparel, accessories and items. collection.”
With a focus on culture and creations, UNIVRS also serves as a way to showcase international and local artists through exclusive merchandise. Artists from UK and Korea – Marylou Faure and SAMBYPENrespectively – have worked with Universal on designs inspired by Illumination’s Minions: The Rise of Gru which have been applied to various streetwear styles, such as bucket and corduroy hats, cropped tank tops, matching sweatshirt and pant sets, tracksuits, t-shirts and more. Additionally, Los Angeles-based artist, Jason Keam created a selfie mural in the UNIVRS store to celebrate 40e birthday AND the extra-terrestrial; this wall art will also inspire designs for exclusive clothing and bags – coming soon!
“This is a one-in-a-million opportunity for me to celebrate the epic classic, ET, through my creative lens,” said Jason Keam. “Growing up in Southern California, just like the kids in the movie, I craved inspiration, friendships, and adventure while staying connected to my family and community. I hope my artwork of art and my involvement in this project conveys a spirit of playfulness, a sense of wonder, and a connection to our homes, regardless of the galaxy.
UNIVRS merchandise highlights include:
- Numbskull’s Rubber Road collectible ducks (UK), featuring rubber ducks as characters from popular NBCUniversal film and TV brands, such as Good Luck Trolls, Illumination’s Minions, JAWS, Back to the future and more
- 11-inch Kid Robot collectible figures featuring Illumination Minions
- Bucket and trucker hats, plus t-shirts, hoodies, tracksuits, socks and more feature artwork by international designers Marylou Faure (UK) and SAMBYPEN (Korea) inspired by colorful interpretations of the 1960s/70s vibe as seen in Illumination’s Minions: The Rise of Gru
- classic black and white Felix the cat appears in a variety of colors and patterns in a varsity style aesthetic on beanies, skirts, shirts, jackets, sweaters, t-shirts and more.
- Good Luck Trolls combines with positive affirmations and tie-dye for a collection of sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts and totes.
- Unisex short and long sleeve t-shirts featuring various artwork of iconic NBCUniversal characters, such as JAWS, Big Lebowski, Hot Stuff, Richie Rich, Fast & Furious, The Breakfast ClubUniversal monsters and more
- Unisex apparel and bags feature iconic black and white film imagery and iconography from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment classics such as: HEY, jurassic park, Back to the future and more
- Skateboard decks with colorful artwork inspired by brands such as Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, ET and Minions