Jim West Challenge
Appointment: October 23-24, 2022
Course: Kissing Tree Golf Club
By/yardage: Par 72 – 6,163 yards
Direct: sunday | Monday
Format: Play 5, count 4
Departure times: 36 holes Sunday, 18 holes Monday – 8:00 am CT shotgun start both days
Teams: Colorado, Houston, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, Tulsa, UNLV, UTSA
Columbus, Ohio – The Buckeyes play their final event of the fall season Oct. 23-24 when they travel to San Marcos, Texas for the Jim West Challenge, hosted by the State of Texas.
- Ohio State’s roster for the tournament will consist of Kary Hollenbaugh, Lauren Peter, Caley McGinty, Faith Choi and Kailie Vongsaga. Hollenbaugh will carry the Folds of Honor bag.
- This week’s tournament will air on ESPN+, with Sunday’s broadcast beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET and Monday’s at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- McGinty is averaging 75.22, which is second on the team behind Aneka Seumanutafa, who is averaging 74.67. Peter has an average of 75.33 and Hollenbaugh’s average score is 76.22. This will be the first event of the season for Choi and Vongsaga.
- The Buckeyes recently hosted and participated in the Barbara Nicklaus Cup at Muirfield Village on October 3-4. Ohio State placed seventh. Peter was the top finisher for the Buckeyes; she finished tied for eighth place with a three-round score of 239 (+23).
- Ohio State opened the fall season with a first-place finish at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational. The Buckeyes had the fourth-lowest 54-hole score in program history, finishing the tournament with a team score of 853 (-11).
- Peter achieved the best result of his career, tied for fourth place. She shot 213 (-3) over three rounds and tied her career low of 70 (-2) in the second round.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor military tribute program for the second season. Letters of Honor pay tribute to military heroes lost or injured in battle. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag bearing their name which will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Plis d’honneur program.
- The Buckeyes open their spring season Feb. 12-14 when they host the Therese Hession Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.